[SEL] Engine scammer is back

Judge Tommy Turner Lcjudge at scrtc.com
Wed Dec 24 18:39:18 PST 2008

Well, darn it Al, looks like Santa isn't going to be able to bring that cam
gear to you (at least not from Kentucky).  I was finally able to find the
bucket that had the gears in it (I've probably got 50 five gallon buckets
full of all kinds of junk.... most of it gathered up after the tornado hit
my place).  The gear I have is about 5 to 6 inches in diameter and has the
slant teeth on it.  But, it doesn't have a cam lobe and has about a 3/4
shaft hole.  The number V12 is cast on it.  I'll post some photos to see if
anyone knows what it might be for.  If you can use it for anything Al, its
yours!  There is a corresponding gear in the bucket that has a governor on
it.  I got these and some other parts from an old gent and most of the items
were FM.  Carbs, mags, etc.  That's why I was hopeful I had something you
could use.  I wished I  was going to get to play the role of Santa here,
looks like I'll be closer to playing the Grinch.

Tommy Turner