[SEL] What kind of truck? Gas or Diesel

Judge Tommy Turner Lcjudge at scrtc.com
Sat Dec 20 17:02:03 PST 2008

I've heard the same thing about the Fords.  I hate that as they're made
about 45 miles from me and I've got about a dozen neighbors that work there
(well, they have worked there I should say..... ) They're on a 4 week layoff
right now and have been told it might be extended.   I passed their lot a
couple of days ago and I bet there is 5000 new F 250's and F 350's sitting
there.  If I could only go in and pick one out (for free) I'd put up with
some mechanic work.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY

PS:  Talking about getting one for free, there is a guy who lives about 5
miles from me and the RR track (L&N which is now CSX) goes through his
property.  A new F 250, loaded on a rail car, fell off and rolled down an
embankment and ended up in his hay field.  The authorities determined that
the rail car had been sabotaged by vandals with a cutting torch.  Still
don't see how the pickup came off but it did.  Ford and CSX signed an
agreement with him that was a settlement of sorts.  In return for holding
them harmless for the incident, he got the pickup.  It was banged up all
over but would run.  He had a neighbor beat it out so the doors would shut,
etc. and put some new glass in it.  He drove it for a few years around the
farm, to the feed store etc.