[SEL] OT////// AM transmitter

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 23:26:57 PST 2008

On 18/12/2008, MaytagTwin at aol.com <MaytagTwin at aol.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
> Somewhere I got the notion that measuring using inches  and feet was
> forbidden.  I have even read of merchants being fined for  weighing goods in
> pounds
> and ounces.  Can you actually go into a builders'  supply house and purchase
> 4'x8' plywood sheets, calling them by  name?
> Thanks.
> Ron Carroll

Strange to say, yes you can, although technically they are sold as
Metric sheets 2440mm X 1220mm (96.06"  X 48.03") It's a moot point if
the sawmill can cut with an accuracy of 0.06", especially if you allow
for drying shrinkage.

1/2" plasterboard is another one that seems to have slipped through as well.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com