[SEL] OT////// AM transmitter

fero_ah at city-net.com fero_ah at city-net.com
Thu Dec 18 14:15:27 PST 2008

Hi Ron,

I think the Brits would pick up a 2440mm x 1220mm sheet and call it an eight by
four sheet.  For example, here's one listing...
   Softwood Plywood (L)2440 x (W)1220 x (T)12.5mm

Dimension lumber is a bit trickier.  They refer to it as "Construction Timber."

A common one is a four by two.  Here's a couple that are "close", but I don't
know which one the Brits would expect if they said "Gimmie a four by two."  BTW
at five quid, it's pretty pricey.
   Graded C16 Construction Timber (L)3600 x (W)100 x (T)47mm
   Graded C16 Construction Timber (L)3600 x (W)75 x (T)47mm
http://www.diy.com/ and scroll down...
You are here: Home Building, Hardware & Tools, Timber, Functional Timber,
Construction Timber.

See ya,  Arnie

PS - Hopefully, one of the Brits will give us the straight skinny.

Quoting MaytagTwin at aol.com: