[SEL] Portland 2009

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Sat Aug 30 10:30:35 PDT 2008

Portland Show will be the week of the 24th. Doug is correct Portland Show
is always figured to be the week before Labor Day week. Labor Day Week is
the week before the first Monday of September which is the Seventh next
year. So the week before that week for Portland.
  Carl was hit up on that question quite a bit during the show this year
with folks thinking it was supposed to be the third weekend too, which it
generally is, but thats only by coincidense.
Thats where the swap meet had troubles over the years. It was generally
accepted by the attendees to be the week before Memorial week. But it was
actually originally designated the third weekend of the month by the club.
So sometimes a empty week fell between Portland and Waukee which threw a
few attendees off their feed when it happened. They have since changed that
and now it too is supposed to always be the week before Memorial
Week.

                             Mark

At 11:23 AM 8/30/08, you wrote:
>Tommy, It used to be figured that it was the weekend before labor Day
>weekend. Don't have next years calendar handy to see if its the same. Doug
>

> > On Aug 30, 2008, at 9:12 AM, Tommy Turner wrote:
> >

> >> Thanks Dave.  I wasn't sure when I looked at the calendar.  This
> >> year's
> >> show was held on the 4th weekend (Sat-Sun) of August and next year the
> >> 4th weekend is Aug 22-23.  I didn't know if it would begin on the 19th
> >> or would begin on the following week (the 26th).  Thanks.
> >>
> >> Tommy Turner
> >> Magnolia, KY

Mark & Christine Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA            Email: Frappi at wcoil.com

Your one stop on line source for Maytag Multi-Motor parts.
Parts lists available on request.

Weekdays & Saturday 10 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time 419.358.5206
No Sunday calls if possible.
I am not an employee or licensed dealer for Maytag Corp. Nor do I represent
them in any way shape or form. I am only a Collector, Preservationist and
hobby dealer of Maytag manufactured items of old.   Mark