[SEL] Lister diesel clones

Steve Royster steve_royster at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 26 09:14:59 PDT 2008

HI all, A friend is interested in purchasing one of the Indian made Lister diesel clones to run a back up generator. He has found a few but is concerned about the quality of  castings, machining etc. specifically wobble in cam gear idlers  and tolerances out of whack. Does anyone  have any feedback on these? At one time there was an Importer here in western N.C. that sold them but I haven't heard anything in years from him. I seem to remember there was a problem importing them to the states due to pollution laws etc. Thanks for any help, Steve>