[SEL] Field Brundage ignition

Jim O'Hagan jdohagan at comcast.net
Tue Aug 12 18:48:52 PDT 2008

Hi All of the "Field" engines that I've seen have a front mounted ignitor
and/or a Webster mag mounted on the front of the cylinder. My new acqusition
has a different type of of ignition. This is a professional modification
with a timer on the end of the shaft and a pipe thread spark plug .All of
the ignitor system is gone .The end of the shaft has been completely
modified and re machined to accept a timer on the end. The Pot metal timer
has been destroyed except for the advance/retard lever and a short mounting
collar Has any one seen a similar engine in their travels or maybe own one?.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can send pictures if it would help.
Thanks, Jimmy

Jim O'Hagan