[SEL] McCoy Lubricator

Brandon Newton timber at timbernewtoninteriors.com
Thu Apr 17 08:40:52 PDT 2008

thanks Jim..very helpfull info..

Brandon Newton
1436 Candlewood Street
Fredericksburg Va 22407
www.timbernewtoninteriors.com

----- Original Message -----
From: James Mackessy [mailto:jmackess at twcny.rr.com]
To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com
Sent: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:06:40 -0400
Subject: Re: [SEL] McCoy Lubricator

Hello Brandon;
     I don't know if you've tried this yet or not, but if you go to the
"Google Search" page and check the headings, (you may have to click on
"MORE", and choose "Patents", you can search patents. I put in the words
"McCoy lubricator" and came up with 5 pages worth of patents by Elijah
McCoy, some dating back to the 1870's. The ones I looked at were
displacement type lubricators of varying designs. I have done a lot of
research using this on-line tool, and one can get a lot of clues about where
people lived and who they worked for at the time of the patents. Good luck
on your research!
Jim Mackessy
Camillus Canal Society Steam Engine Project