[SEL] Babbitt lapping compound

JIM KIRKES jd.kirkes at verizon.net
Thu Apr 3 11:26:15 PDT 2008

I find it very difficult to believe that there is an
abrasive that "morphs from abrasive to lubracative."  How
about some more details.  One other question about bearing
lapping, how do you get the abrasive that is imbedded into
the babbitt out?  The lapping process depends on the softer
material becoming charged with the abrasive and cutting the
harder material not the other way around as has been stated.
I would not touch babbitt  lapping with a ten foot pole.

Jim

Jim and Diane Kirkes
Hemet, California U.S.A.
replace nomore with net to send mail