[SEL] Corn-gas a BUST!

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 27 18:28:31 PDT 2007

Good article! Note one of the first things it points out is that family
sized farming operations keep getting less of the "welfare". The family
farms are the ones I care about--not the mega corporations. I suppose they
are OK if they are comprised of say 5-6 individuals in the same family. I
know a few that are multi-generation partnerships but are not these
mega-huge operataions.

Bottom line is if the big guys didn't get the welfare, they would probably
be out of business, which would in turn  mean more smaller guys, who can't
grow it as cheap, so then the commodities prices would go up meaning YOU and
ME would have to ante-up a tad more at the grocery store.

John