[SEL] Spam> Ethanol

Joe & Jewel Maurer toadhill at aeroinc.net
Wed Sep 26 18:43:35 PDT 2007

The reason the oil companies aren't bothered by ethanol is that it takes synthetic fertilizer, herbicide and bug killer all made from oil and cracked in a refinery.  I guess the tractors and trucks could be run on biofuel.  By the time the corn is harvested, the oil companies have supplied the "ungreen" energy it takes to grow and harvest the corn.  Our local ethanol plant has a huge natural gas line feeding all the energy needs of the plant.  So the price of everything involved goes higher and we pay the bill.