[SEL] Hercules Power Plant Price

Luke Tonneberger flywheelin at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:49:53 PDT 2007

Hi Everybody,

I just picked up a nice little 1.5hp Economy with Webster mag and one of those square boxy Faribanks Morse engines. A guy I knew from the local shows passed away and his wife is selling off his stuff.

She has a cute little 4 cylinder Hercules, radiator cooled that says "Hercules Power" on the raidator. It has all of the metal shrouds, fired by a coil and distributor. Has a clutch type deal on the rear of the engine that engages and disengages a flat belt pulley. She says that she's heard it run. It looks like the one I found here except ALOT smaller.

http://www.w-t-p.com/2004/C09-5483.jpg

I'd like to bring it home but don't have a clue about the value of it. What is a fair price for the engine?

Luke Tonneberger
Rockford, Michigan
USA