[SEL] Favorite type of engine

tamatea whanau brent.tamatea at clear.net.nz
Tue Oct 30 01:32:06 PDT 2007

David can relate to what you are saying i was given an  old ride on no one
could get going again was taken to a few mechanics i spent half a day on it
and had it running a few minor faults electrical short butterfly problem and
governor used it for 2 years before selling it because of that started
fixing old reel mowers now have rotary hoes,vibrating roller compactor and
various vintage lawn mowers an old shearing plant shearing handpieces etc
the list just keeps on growing..Have gotten alot of the old mowers running
again saved them from being dumped and put them back into active service and
the hobby generates its own income as i repair rotary mowers for people
mainly older machines that the shops cant repair as cant get parts i have
lots of old machines i have been given and recycle parts or build up good
machines.These help me to buy car parts for my old utes that i also
collect.The collection just seems to grow over time.I think of it as
preserving a piece of history . brentnz