[SEL] It followed me home, Compressor.

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 24 12:38:26 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank DeWitt" <Frank at lbpinc.com>
To: <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 6:46 PM
Subject: [SEL] It followed me home, Compressor.

> Nice toys, Frank.
> Is that a tensioning pulley I see?
> If it is I would just make up a belt.
> I have a piece of conveyor belt that I cut to make custom belts then
> I also have several different belt lacer machines.
> For that maybe an automotive serpentine belt,,,,,  If you can't find
> one the right size then cut a longer one and lace it.
> Alan Bowen
> Williamsburg, Michigan
> Thanks,  Yes it has a spring loaded tension pulley.  Belt length is
> not critical. It also has a crown on the big pulley and flanges on
> the small one.  Odd.
> Thanks for the ideas
> Frank

It takes me back 25 years when I was starting my vintage collection.
In a second hand shop there was an old Dentists drill which had been
foot treadle operated & later converted with a small old electric motor.
The drill arm was about 6 pieces of twin strip hinged on to each other
& the drive to the drill was 6 fine belts connected with 2 small pulleys at each joint.
I wasn't selling & I was very tempted to buy it for £2 & show it engine powered at a show.
I didn't buy it but regretted it later as it would have amused the spectators..
Dave Croft
Warrington
http://www.oldengine.org/members/croft/
http://community.webshots.com/user/crftdv