[SEL] Ketchup

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Wed Oct 24 11:15:08 PDT 2007

>From: John Culp <johnculp at chartertn.net>
>Subject: [SEL] Ketchup
>
>On Oct 23, 2007, at 12:37 PM, Bruce Younger wrote:
>

>Catsup looks like a contraction of cat soup,
>John Culp
>Bristol, Tennessee, USA

Hi John,
         Believe me, some of the cheaper varieties actually look like
"cat's up" (cat's vomit).

Wikipedia explanation here:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketchup>

         Does it actually matter what it's called. It's (most commonly) a
condiment sauce based on tomato's and we put it on "hot dogs" and stuff. It
also cleans copper and brass, which is where we all started on this :-)

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
(Winners of the 2007 Rugby World cup).
See: