[SEL] It followed me home, Compressor.

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 10:41:17 PDT 2007

Nice toys, Frank.

Is that a tensioning pulley I see?
If it is I would just make up a belt.
I have a piece of conveyor belt that I cut to make custom belts then I also have several different belt lacer machines.

For that maybe an automotive serpentine belt,,,,,  If you can't find one the right size then cut a longer one and lace it.

Alan Bowen
Williamsburg, Michigan

Frank DeWitt <Frank at lbpinc.com> wrote: I found this on Ebay and it arrived today.
http://lbpinc.com/compressor2.jpg
It appears to be a very early Pelton & Crane Co. dental
compressor.  Any experts out there?  It should clean up well and will
add some more fun to my trailer with the generator on it.  I think I
will find a way to run it slow because it makes a great noise.  I
show it with a drill motor to give an idea of size.
Does any one have any ideas on where I can get a belt?

http://lbpinc.com/newone.JPG
About a week after winning that one I got this one. I haven't got
this one home yet.  It is complete and therefor a bit heavy to
ship.  I guess with two I have a collection.

Frank

  Frank DeWitt

  Light plant WEB page
http://www.oldengine.org/members/frank
  Mechanical Design      mailto:frank at lbpinc.com
  LBP  INC.              Phone:  585 624 3052
  2365 Cox Rd.           Fax     585 624 1038
  Bloomfield NY 14469    Web   http://www.lbpinc.com  _______________________________________________
SEL mailing list
SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com