[SEL] Repair of old copper water tank

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Sun Oct 21 08:52:46 PDT 2007

Paul, I've been eavesdropping on the replies.  Believe me, copper takes to
solder so readily, I don't know why any other method would come to mind.

Keep these things in mind:

1)  All corrosion should be removed before attempting the job.

2)  Copper conducts heat away from the soldering iron very readily, making
it difficult to get the metal up to temperature.  So, it would be a good
idea to have a helper use a propane torch to keep the area around the repair
good and hot.

3)  Use a paste flux.  It is cheap and available at most hardware stores.

Enjoy.

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger
Colton, Washington, USA