[SEL] Cotton Ginning Days - Dallas, NC

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue Oct 9 11:20:23 PDT 2007

Arnie,
Thanks so much for doing what I have been woefully remiss at doing. TOO
much going on these days setting up a bus bar processing line here at work.

BTW the Eagle Continental gin was made in 1900. The frame still has all
the original wood on it. Saturday we fired the engine and gin up and
ginned a little cotton too. We have a new duct system to remove much of
the air blowing at the condensor (collects the ginned cotton) and the
air quality in the gin building is much improved.

If you like displaying machinery and showing it to the general public
this is the show for you. We have 25,000 people attend CGD and most are
spectators. There will be lots of wood sawing, shingle cutting, tractor
driving, tale tales, a few lies told, great food, and great company to
be found at CGD. The SEL gathering point will be the wood sawing area
just below the gin and engine building.

And while I'm almost afraid to say this out loud, Arnie is right the
weather is supposed to be freakin' gorgeous! Highs in the low 70's is
going to be a very welcome change after being in the 90's this week (97°
yesterday)

Rumor also has it that the significant others' of the Cloistered Oyster
Brothers are attending as well. Should be loads of fun.

Curt