[SEL] Witte Diesel followed me home !!

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 29 16:45:34 PST 2007

My Witte has an automotive type fuel pump that runs off an ecentric
on the crankshaft.  The two bolts in the picture mount the pump.  A
rod (?) comes up through the top of the casting (the bolt or whatever
-- I can't tell from the picture).  At any rate it is connected to
the fuel pump arm and allows manual priming of the fuel system - a
real essential for bleeding the injector system!  The injector pump
sits more or less over the crank just in front of the fuel pump and
runs off the cam drive -- the drive gear can be seen in the "big end"
close up of Jerry's pictures.

I don't see a tank -- there is an oil filter.  It is automotive
size.  Oil is pressure fed to the valves and main bearings.  On my
engine there is an external oil pump on the  side of the engine in
front of the crank.  I think there is a pump on Jerry's engine --
barely visible in the "big end" picture.

Bob Holtzer, Sacramento