[SEL] Letter to the Editor - TOMM

Kerry ozengine at optusnet.com.au
Mon Nov 26 02:51:23 PST 2007

G'Day Ian
I find it hard to understand or agree with much you say but I will make my
way down your post.
I have seen auctions where Australians don't care what they pay for an
engine, they want it and they buy it, that is the way auctions work. you and
I may not be able to match the power of the US dollar but quite a few
Aussies can and do.
You talk about the new Government changing laws, well I can tell you I am
sick of Governments telling me what I can or cannot do, we live in a police
state/country now and we can do without more bloody left wing laws.
Stature of Liberty not worth talking about in this discussion but I have an
Australian bridge for sale if you want it
You have a Mietz & Weiss, great, even fantastic you are indeed fortunate and
if you believe it should stay in Australia don't sell it, the other two
owners used their right to sell and if Australians didn't want to buy it
then sell to the highest bidder.
I agree we should keep a sample here, better still we should keep the lot
here but we need to pay the dollar and buy them not some pencil pusher in
Canberra telling us what we can and cannot do.
You talk about SC turning up in the UK, never heard anyone with the same
beliefs as you and Mr Gibb's try to stop the destruction of iron to the
scrappies, I would have thought that would be far more inportant than export
as with the scrappies they are lost forever.
In every issue there are two side and I respect yours and Mr Gibbs and I
would say your side out number my beliefs, but I think people with your
thoughts are just jealous they cannot afford it.
Put simply the owner, minder should have the right to sell as they think fit
not some Government deciding
all the best

Kerry Morris
Lithgow NSW Oz