[SEL] Salesman Sample Olds?

Michael Ostrander antiquejd at fwi.com
Sat Nov 24 18:37:39 PST 2007

Tommy-
I know very little about engines as I have collected primarily tractors.  I
am learning rapidly though as it seems my 11 year old son has become
enamored with gas engines.  He has an unrestored Intl 1-1/2, a maytag, and
is currently restoring a 1-1/2 hp John Deere.  He decided a couple of years
ago that he loves the oil field engines down at Portland.  He must have just
stood still for 45 minutes watching those engines at night with all the pots
burning and the engines firing.  Its not easy to make an 11 y.o. stand still
for 5 minutes so 45 was forever.  He was standing beside me tonight looking
at the engine and loved it.  The mineral spirit can really sized it for him
as we used a can just like it yesterday to clean his paint brush after
putting the green coat on the flywheels of his E.  He has already figured
out that Christmas is just around the corner and he thinks an engine like
this little Olds is really cool and should be under the tree with his name
on it....thanks a lot ;-)