[SEL] Adjusting Rosebery 3C bearings?

Glen Harris astfgl at iamnota.org
Sat Nov 10 21:15:19 PST 2007

I'm posting this on behalf of my father, who has a Buzacott/Rosebery with a
nasty knock in the main bearings - they're rather worn and he can wobble the
crankshaft by hand. The instruction manual mentions adjusting the bearings,
but with no details on how to go about it. The parts list shows the 4C and 6C
have a two part bearing which would be adjustable, but not the 2C or 3C. Is
this fixable in a garage workshop, or is it beyond his means?

On a related note, is there a service manual for these engines?

Thanks, glen.