[SEL] Was dishwasher, now parts cleaner?

Bruce Younger sluggo54 at hotmail.com
Mon May 28 10:37:02 PDT 2007

"I have been wondering if it is  practical
disconnect the drain valve add a nylon stocking filter and try to use  it as
parts cleaner."

For sure, don't use a flammable solvent in it.  The electrics aren't
designed for that.  I used one as a tool cleaner, using the regular
dishwasher detergent.  It is very effective on grease and oil, and on most
paint as well.  Eventually, depending on the quantities involved, the grit
will tear up the pump.  The good news is that pump repair kits are cheap,
and straightforward to replace.

Bruce Younger
05G HHC 313 RR Bn 3/67-4/68
Madison, SD
sluggo54 at hotmail.com

"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man and those that have hunted
armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else
thereafter."
E. Hemingway