[SEL] voltage regulator (kinda related)

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Thu May 17 06:29:00 PDT 2007

To polarize the field on a generator, you simply take the field wire
loose at the connector stud, and with the battery on you strike the
loose wire several times against the connector stud, creating a
sparking. Those EMF spikes do an excellent job of adding permanent
polarity to the laminations.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC