[SEL] voltage regulator (kinda related)

ArthurDeana Southwell asouth42 at earthlink.net
Wed May 16 20:12:59 PDT 2007

Because it's a starter-generator, it will polarize itself when you "crank"
it.

Delco systems ... strike a quick arc between Bat. terminal and Arm.(Gen)
terminal.

That, in effect, is what you are doing when you apply battery power to the
starter-generator to "crank" the engine "over".

If battery ignition, check the terminal marking + or - of the wire from the
coil to the points. That sign is ground.

Arthur Southwell
Arcadia, FL