[SEL] 2 hp ottawa drag saw clutch

Skip Landis skipl130 at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 16:25:49 PDT 2007

hi rex, i have a couple of these & there is no sign of any way to release the clutch. it has a heavy spring on the shaft outside the outer clutch plate , like an over ride clutch if the saw binds. i think these are correct. i do have a few other parts when you figure out what's missing.  skip

Dave Rotigel <rotigel at alltel.net> wrote:  At 04:42 PM 5/14/2007, you wrote:
>Hi all ;
> My brother needs some help with his Ottawa Drag Saw ,its a 2HP double
> flywheel it is missing the outer clutch parts but we don't know what we
> need , the inner disk is there and the small gear but the parts to push
> the clutch disk are all missing , If any one has any pictures or parts
> please let me know , I have not found much info on the Ottawa's ,
> I also brought home another engine from the Baraboo Swap Meet Auction
> , It is also an Ottawa 2 Hp but has a pulley instead of the clutch , this
> time I was a little smarter , I also bought some yard decorations for My
> Lady and the thunder lightening was minimal :-)) I guess I should have
> learned that long ago .
>Rex Hinz

Hi Rex,
I have a 5 HP Ottawa drag saw here. Don't know if the clutch
set-up is the same, or not, but I can take pictures if you wish. I also
have the manual for the 5 HP which shows the clutch parts. I could copy it
and snail it to you if you think that would help.
Dave