[SEL] Totally Off Topic

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Sat May 12 20:10:41 PDT 2007

I'm terribly sorry to hear that, Jerry.

My son had a frightening, fortunately less serious in the outcome,
encounter with a gang of young punks in New York City about 2 weeks
ago. He took a few hits from rocks, bottles and fists, and his visiting
sister and roommate in the apartment were terrified as Joe was trying
to get in as he was attacked. The NYPD, when called, cheerily asked a
few questions and basically told him "Have a nice day, and go back to
Tennessee." I don't suppose it would be correct to mention that these
young men on the streets of New York did not have white skins, either.
That's not an issue for Joe, but the fact that his skin is white seemed
to be an issue to them. He'd done nothing to provoke them, other than
being there and being white.

John

On May 11, 2007, at 5:21 PM, Jerry Evans wrote:

>          Well my mother was attacked, beaten up and robbed in her
> house 2
> nights ago.

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA