[SEL] Gasket material for oilers?

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Wed May 2 08:22:18 PDT 2007

Paul,
You've said you like McMaster Carr, so you might try the blended cork
material they offer. I've been using the nitrile blend cork sheet for
years to make oiler gaskets. McM offers a neoprene cork blend too, but
it is not nearly as oil resistant as the nitrile blend. I use the 1/16"
thick material, p/n 96165K32 which is a 12" x 36" sheet. You like the
price too at $7.24. You'll do a LOT of oilers at that price and quantity!
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC