[SEL] Power hacksaw speed

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Wed Mar 28 20:55:44 PDT 2007

Hi all
I have an old style reciprocating power hacksaw that I am doing up for my
workshop and the drive pulley is missing from the motor.
What speed should the blade travel on average (strokes per minute)?, then I
can work out the pulley size. Is 60 strokes per minute too fast? That is
going on the pullys I have here without actually seing it run.

I have a bandsaw I want to sell as I hardly ever use either, but the bandsaw
is worth more. I also have a cut-off saw.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/plowe/wshop/myshop.htm for bandsaw.

Regards
Peter Lowe
R&V Engine Registrar