[SEL] How to Straighten Spoke in Cart Wheel

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue Mar 27 04:46:27 PDT 2007

Paul,
You are over worrying this task. Grab a BFH and give it a good rap and
it will straighten right out. If I have one real bad I'll lay the spoke
across a good sized anvil. You can then rock along the spoke as you
hammer on it. The hammer dings add character! Actually they will hardly
be noticeable but it you are worried about this use a brass or babbitt
hammer. Guess you are planning on painting these. I've been spraying 2
art paint direct on blasted wheels, eliminating the primer step. Have
had no rust problems with this method.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC