[SEL] Need Feedback on Cart Bolster Design

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Mon Mar 26 20:27:43 PDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com
[mailto:sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com] On Behalf Of Paul Maples
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 5:56 PM
To: The SEL email discussion list
Subject: [SEL] Need Feedback on Cart Bolster Design

I am now getting ready to start the construction of my cart for my 5 HP 1905
Vertical Stover and I will be using 4" X 6" Oak Beams for the construction.
I have been trying to figure out how best to build the 5th wheel (front
bolster) so that the front axle will pivot up and down as well as side from
side. I have come up with this rough design and drawing. This is a very
rough drawing but please tell me what your thoughts are. I want and solicit
your comments before I go and ruin a lot of oak.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g36/wheelterrapin/CartDesign.jpg

Paul

It looks as if it should work, Paul.

Orrin