[SEL] Need Oiler Sight Glass

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Mon Mar 19 17:06:33 PDT 2007

I was in Louisville, KY several years ago and needed an oiler glass.  I
went to a company, can't remember the name as they've been out of
business for a number of years now, and they had an assortment of glass
tubing.  I think they made products for the dairy industry (a lot of
glass tubing was at one time used in that industry, not sure if it still
is or not).  I showed them what I needed and they said it was no
problem.  They had a cutter that was under a shield.  They sat the glass
tubing under the shild and clamped it and then they hit a switch and
water, or what appeared to be water, flooded the glass.  A blade that
the guy told me was diamond tipped, maybe 1/16 of an inch thick, sawed
through it about like you would cut a board on a table saw.  It was a
real slick operation.  Sure would have loved to got my hand on that
cutter when they went out of business.  It probably ended up in the
scrap heap.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY