[SEL] Attention Aussies - Austral Question

Brian Watts briwatt at optusnet.com.au
Sat Mar 10 20:11:50 PST 2007

The way we set the timing vale is as stated in the Blackstone instruction
instruction book,on the compression stroke with  the crankshaft at 25
degrees bofore top dead centre the timing valve should be open .004 (4 thou)
,a bigger gap will gause the fuel vapor to ignite early and cause pre. ign.
smaller gap will retard and cause eng. to stop.
With crack in the lower ign. chamber we just cut the lower chanber of and
make a new chamber out of cast iron bar and weld it to the hot bulb, this
system has been used for the last 20 years and work well, no failures yet.