[SEL] Unknown vertical engine

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Sat Mar 10 13:41:14 PST 2007

Hi all

At this point in time I am going to stick my neck out, I am saying R&V
between <1903 and 1906, 1hp.

I am wondering if the hole where the spark plug fits and ignitor should go,
has not been ground back and filled, then plug fitted??? If the head was
sand blasted it might reveal some modification.

The casting numbers fit the R&V numbering pattern for 1hp engines, I have
asked Larry to give me all the casting numbers to help identify it.

Still waiting to hear from my US contact who has one of these.

Regards
Peter Lowe
R&V Engine Registrar
Australia