[SEL] OT PA trip & fuel costs

Bill Dickerson bill at antique-engines.com
Thu Jun 7 19:58:51 PDT 2007

Amen.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony & Jackie [mailto:kimmell at verizon.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 7:26 PM
To: The SEL email discussion list
Subject: Re: [SEL] OT PA trip & fuel costs

At 10:49 AM 6/7/2007, you wrote:
>Uh, yeah - like look at some of the "modern" SUVs, esp the back end.
>There is none, looks chopped off almost like a Gremlin!
>Com'on, look at their profiles! No one can sit straight-faced and tell
>me many of the current cars didn't take some of their design and
>appearance from the 70's, many from the very popular Gremlin and Hornet
>designs, which was one of the most successful body styles in history.

I think I'd rather have a Gremlin or Pacer than some of the fugly ca-ca they
are making these days.  Chevy Avalanche, Pontiac Aztec, etc.

Not to mention ALL the mid-size SUV's made by ANY manufaturer.  Ever seen
one of those Scion's that looks like a brick on wheels?  Or the Honda
Element or Pilot?  How about Dodge's new Nitro (or the re-design on the
Durango, for that matter)

Who comes up with all this ugly crap? I drive a 2004 Silverado and even I
think the front end is ugly.  Only reason I bought it was because my father
in law was selling it CHEAP and it has really low mileage.  The last good
looking Chevy truck was made in 1987.