[SEL] OT PA trip & fuel costs

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:48:34 PDT 2007

On 07/06/07, bill at antique-engines.com <bill at antique-engines.com> wrote:

> In December 1976 and January 1977 the idea was revisited with the advent
> of the viscous coupled transfer case recently developed by British based
> FF Development.

'Ferguson Formula' was the FF company, they supplied Jensen with the
transmission for the Interceptor, a very nice car which had the
Chrysler engine in it if my memory serves me correctly. That had
permanent FWD and Dunlop Maxaret anti-skid brakes, one of the earliest
applications for the ABS technology.

The Range Rover was also on the stocks in the early 1970's, V8 engine
and permanent four wheel drive. You can still buy them today, although
owned by Ford these days.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes