[SEL] OT PA trip & fuel costs

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 09:31:23 PDT 2007

On 06/06/07, P. Johns <enginepaul at gmail.com> wrote:

> I said before that a friend - who knows his stuff - says diesel is the way
> to go for now. More efficient diesel engines can be developed now and we
> don't have to wait years for dream terminology and all the unknowns to come
> on-line.

GM and Ford both have European companies with highly efficient
diesels, why they don't introduce them to the USA I have no idea.

Take also the companies like Isuzu, who have a fine range of diesel
engines, and the two French companies, Renault and Peugeot. All these
have decent high-output car and truck engines, and at the very top end
you have Volvo and Scania with up to 550hp truck diesel engines.

Cummins is playing a little catch-up on technology, but they will get there.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com