[SEL] 32volt Delco light plant

JR504 at aol.com JR504 at aol.com
Tue Jul 31 15:20:54 PDT 2007

In a message dated 7/31/2007 6:03:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ron217_2000 at yahoo.com writes:

Hi  Guys,
What are you doing for batteries for the 32 volt system? I  also got one and
have had it for several years but never run it.
Ron

Just run three 12V batteries.  It's no problem.  Delcos can  make over 48V
wthout a problem, so making them charge 37.8 volts is fine(12.6 X  3).  Recently
I started using 12V Gel Cells, or 12V 7AH AGM batteries  instead of car
batteries.  They're much cheaper and WAY easier to lug  around.  I keep a volt
meter on them to make sure they don't  overcharge.  When the voltage climbs I turn
on my scroll saw for a while  and just run the lights when it dips.
Joe