[SEL] Helena, Montana first show

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 11:30:52 PDT 2007

I am with Elden here.
Yes, around here we have several engine shows that are easy to drive to.
They are all within the 32 to 72 mile range.

However,,, there is another event that I enjoy too.
At Kalkaska, Michigan, just 13 miles east of me,,,,,, Every year when they have their county fair there is one area where you will find several guys each with several running engines on a trailer.
It doesn't take a club to have fun.  A lot of folks come by and enjoy the engines.
For the next event why don't you take your engines and set up right next to him.
Then just see if others want to join you. There might come a time when the group of you all might want to start a club.

Alan Bowen
Williamsburg, Michigan
BTW, I have been in Helena, Belt and Great Falls too.

Elden DuRand <edurand at mchsi.com> wrote: Hi, Smokey.....er, Rick:

I hope you don't make a flaming ash outta yerself!   :-)

Starting a club.............If you're willing to put a lot of effort into it and will have fun in the process, go for it.

You may also consider just having gatherings at the fairgrounds without having the hassle of managing a club.  I don't know how that would affect insurance, etc. but it would be easier to just have a few of these a year.  I don't know if the Fair Board could help with insurance as a co-sponsor but it may be worth a try.

Take care - Elden