[SEL] Kwik Poly Sealer verses Minwax Wood Hardener

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 28 12:25:49 PDT 2007

Hi John,

I am pretty sure you are talking about Minwax Wood Hardener.
I have used the stuff.  I was not at all satisfied.  Kwik Poly will do a better job a whole lot faster and I am very sure it will last longer.

I just went here,,,,
http://www.epinions.com/content_171240230532

It is one person's opinion about how great Minwax Wood Hardener is.

Maybe I should write an opinion for them too.

I brushed that product into a badly rotted window sill at my mom's house.  I kept at it until the wood wouldn't hold any more.   It seemed okay after it dried and I covered it with aluminum and went on.  Two years later I checked that area out and there was nothing under the aluminum.

A year later I ripped the whole window out so now instead of a picture window in the dining room she has two double hung windows mulled together with tilt in sashes that are easy for her to wash.

This is my opinion.  Do what you want and form your own opinion.  8>))

Alan Bowen

John Hall <jthall at worldnet.att.net> wrote: There is actually a product made for strengthening rotten wood. A painter
friend of mine showed it to me, he keeps it in the truck to repair water
damage if not too severe. I believe he has to get it from paint stores, I
don't know if the big home improvement stores would carry it. I'm thinking
it may have been made by Minwax or Formby's, but don't hold me to it.

John Hall
.