[SEL] Kwik Poly Sealer Color ?

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Fri Jul 27 16:38:16 PDT 2007

On Jul 27, 2007, at 3:14 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:

> OK Folks,
> I went looking on their web site, but I didn't find what I wanted.
> I read how to add colorings and thickeners, but what I am wondering
> is this:
>
> What color is Kwik Poly when it hardens up?
>
> Seems like I remember someone using Kwik Poly to harden up and
> repair a rotted wooden leg on a corn sheller or mill of some kind a
> few years back.

Heya Alan,
When used as directed, Kwik-Poly is almost clear.  Thick, it's a
light yellow, like a mix between white and a manilla envelope.

A few years back I wrote of using it on the leg of a cider press
where the end grain had dry rot and was soft like styrofoam.  The
wood was very decorative, and it would have been a shame to have to
replace it.  For this application, I can think of nothing better than
KP.  It's watery enough to soak into the wood quickly, yet set up
fast enough before you end up with a mess.

Rob