[SEL] Kwik Poly Sealer

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Fri Jul 27 08:14:52 PDT 2007

Hi Fink,
I would think that if QP does not adhere to itself then there might be a
problem at the edge of the earlier coating, Where the second coat meets the
first coat. It might be a very thin line but maybe. I would try to coat it
all at once and pour most of the excess out leaving a bit extra in there to
settle to the bottom to be a thicker coat there if thats your aim.
  I would use a quart total of mixed QP.  One quart will cover all as its
thin as water till it starts to set.  You might waste some but you will
definately get it all coated if you roll it thoroughly.
  You could try to mix a total of a half quart and start to roll it and it
its not enough quick mix another batch and pour it in before the first
batch begins to catalize. But you have to be quick on mixing the second
batch if you decide to do that. If the first batch begins to set before the
second is poured in and mixed with the first then its risking a problem.
                        TTYL,  Mark

At 09:51 AM 7/27/07, you wrote:

>Arnie and any one else that knows. Can this be used to do like the
>bottom of a tank then after drying. Re pore and do the sides. I have
>a tank on a old tractor that is BAD bottom has 2 pound of lead on it
>and still leaks sides very rusty. I would like to seal bottom then
>coat sides it is about 20 gallon tank.  Don't know if one mix would do all,
>Thanks
>R Fink
>PA
>
>At 11:15 AM 7/26/2007 -0400, you wrote:
> >Hi Alan,
> >
> >I've never used Lee's stuff, but I have used Kwik Poly.  Kwik Poly is a
> >two-part thermoset sealer that does a fantastic job.  It's the consistency
> >of water when first mixed, so you need to tape over any gross holes in the
> >tank.  But as you slosh it around and it heats up it gets into EVERY
> >crevice and forms a permanent, hard but flexible coating, with great
> >adhesion.  All in all, GOOD stuff!
> >
> >See ya,  Arnie

Mark & Christine Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA            Email: Frappi at wcoil.com

Your one stop on line source for Maytag Multi-Motor parts.
Parts lists available on request.

Weekdays & Saturday 10 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time 419.358.5206
No Sunday calls if possible.
I am not an employee or licensed dealer for Maytag Corp. Nor do I represent
them in any way shape or form. I am only a Collector, Preservationist and
hobby dealer of Maytag manufactured items of old.   Mark