[SEL] Fairbanks T

Dave Ernst shop at cccomm.net
Fri Jul 27 05:48:36 PDT 2007

Elden,
Now that you've brought up the oiler question, and thanks to Jeff Allen for
his input, I think the double oilers were original.  Reading the
instructions posted by Jeff, I read these engines had an option called
"centrifigal crank pin oiler". When that is ordered there is an additional
(third)oiler on the left side of the block by the crank with a hole through
the side cover plate that the tubing from the oiler passes thru to drip oil
on the crank pin. Mine has the hole, right angle bracket, tubing and a 1/4"
pipe fitting for an oiler. According to the instructions with this option
the crankcase was dry and the oil was wasted.
Any thoughts?
As far as the tag, it's original.  A friend near me has an 1908 version, but
his tag doesn't have the serial number on it.
I also have pictures of a Jack owned by a fellow in the SF bay area that has
a handhole on each end of the crankcase. Wonder what that means?
As for your water tank pic's please post them to me.
Thanks,
Dave