[SEL] Kwik Poly Sealer

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Thu Jul 26 09:20:51 PDT 2007

Hi Arnie , I agree with ya QP is good stuff. I like the fact that it does
set in minutes. The only disadvantage I see to the stuff from Pederson "If
the sealer from Starbolt is the same stuff (maybe I am assuming too much
here) as Pedersons" (White thin liquid, kinda rubbery as it cures) is it
takes some time to cure due to it is air cured and the inside of a tank is
not well ventelated. So if you are in a hurry QP is the way to go. If you
are conservative with materials and can wait for the other stuff to cure
then the other is fine too. I've had a can of the stuff from Starbolt for
several years and used it on many tanks and still have over a half a can
left due to being able to salvage the excess.
   My latest project is reconditioning a Maytag Monitor Mower and the tank
is sealed with the stuff from Starbolt. I had the time to let it cure while
other things were going on. Hope to have it finished for Findlay.

                                                                 TTYL,  Mark

At 11:15 AM 7/26/07, you wrote:
>Hi Alan,
>I've never used Lee's stuff, but I have used Kwik Poly.  Kwik Poly is a
>two-part thermoset sealer that does a fantastic job.  It's the consistency
>of water when first mixed, so you need to tape over any gross holes in the
>tank.  But as you slosh it around and it heats up it gets into EVERY
>crevice and forms a permanent, hard but flexible coating, with great
>adhesion.  All in all, GOOD stuff!
>See ya,  Arnie
>
>On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Alan Bowen wrote:
>
> > Hi Joe,
> > What is the advantage of Kwik Poly over the tank sealer that Lee
> Pedersen  sells?
> > http://www.enginads.com/pedersen/index.html
> > I really like the idea of pouring some in the tank, sloshing it around
> > then pouring the extra back into the can for later use.

Mark & Christine Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA            Email: Frappi at wcoil.com

Your one stop on line source for Maytag Multi-Motor parts.
Parts lists available on request.

Weekdays & Saturday 10 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time 419.358.5206
No Sunday calls if possible.
I am not an employee or licensed dealer for Maytag Corp. Nor do I represent
them in any way shape or form. I am only a Collector, Preservationist and
hobby dealer of Maytag manufactured items of old.   Mark