[SEL] Nordberg Factory Pictures

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 18 15:57:24 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Listerdiesel" <listerdiesel at gmail.com>
To: <SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Cc: <stationary-engine at oldengine.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:08 PM
Subject: [SEL] Nordberg Factory Pictures

> We got hold of a Nordberg folder this year with a lot of very high
> quality black and white photographs and hand-typed descriptions,
> dating from the late 1940's. The pictures cover Nordberg's facilities
> and manufactured products during the War years and just after.
> Unfortunately, the binder had what was in those days a lot of very
> nice clear pockets for the pictures, but these has wrinkled badly with
> age and had affected the pictures as well.
> 3 months under a pile of heavy books has taken the ripples out to the
> point where we could scan the pictures and get them onto the website:
> http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/Nordberg/Nordmenu.htm
> The machine shop and parts store pictures are particularly
> interesting, showing the large 2-stroke engine liners being made and
> stored.
> There are a few more to come, but the bulk of them are there.
> We will also split the menu into four pages as we are going to put
> thumbnail menus for all the Nordberg items.
> Peter

Hi Peter,a very interesting folder that I didn't know anything about.
I googled it to see if any were on display anywhere & I was suprised
to see that your site reference was already being quoted as a site in
several places for information on the engine.
Fame comes quick these days. 8^)
Dave Croft
Warrington
http://oldengine.org/members/croft/