[SEL] Ignitor problems URGENT please

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Thu Jul 12 19:14:27 PDT 2007

Peter:

Another thing that can cause grief with low tension ignition is the insulators in the ignitor assembly.  I've seen some that would fire just fine outside the engine then not work inside the combustion chamber and under compression.

I think that, like high-tension spark plugs, the insulation can break down and make the spark occur within the ignitor itself, making for a puny or non-existant spark at the points.

You might want to take the ignitor apart, clean and dry all the mica washers and tubes then re-assemble it dry.

Take care - Elden