[SEL] FOR SALE ("auto-start" Kohler)

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Tue Jul 10 07:30:04 PDT 2007

BTW, those "auto-start" Kohler power plants make GREAT displays.

Bill Tremel and his dad had one they got from a oil rig in PA or WV.  They
set it up on a trailer, with the old rig and accoutrements.  They had a
nice string of old lights and other period electrical equipment.  The old
on-off switch was on a pole with a sign explaining the rig and
instructions to flip the switch.

The spectator did, the genset fired up, the lights lit, and stuff started
to happen.  Flip the switch off and the whole display shut down.

VERY nice display!!  Definitely answered the "what was it used for"
question.

See ya,  Arnie