[SEL] Help with SC Mark J info

Edd Payne edsengns at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jul 5 18:14:35 PDT 2007

Hi Glen.The early S/C pumpers did not have the writing on the flywheel.There
were also many other changes and variations to the F/J pumpers.The cylinder
had a different # of fins,The head had 1" pipe  exhaust and 3/4" pipe
intake,the Rosebery and F/J pumpers were 3/4" pipe in/out.When S/C started
to make pumpers in 1926 they fitted a BTH mag.In 1933 they changes to a Wico
EK,then in 1936 they changed to a Bosch and in 1956 they changed to a Lucas
SR1 from a LUCAS NIL.This info comes from a Master parts list I have and
there is a lot more info on it.It was printed in 1957.I can scan it for you
and email it to you if you like.
EDD PAYNE
PO Box 364 Gulgong N.S.W
Australia