[SEL] Brass Fuel Feeder for Bessemer Kerosene Engine - eBay Wierdness

fero_ah at city-net.com fero_ah at city-net.com
Wed Jul 4 06:03:49 PDT 2007

Hi Rob and others,

Yeah, the 900-pound gorilla at eBay/PayPal objected to my auction description.
I comitted two horrific crimes.  First, I said that I would (GASP!) accept cash
as payment (in addition to other conventional payments like money orders,
etc.).  That's apparently a major NO-NO.  And perhaps, even more egregious, I
dared to say that I had a Basic (i.e. free - GASP!) PayPal account and that
because of that I didn't accept credit card payments via PayPal (only OK with
Premium or Business accounts which cost $$$).

The ad wording looked like this...
"Full payment must be received within two weeks.  PayPal is preferred (but no
credit cards, sorry).  If you’re using PayPal it MUST be a cash transfer from
your PayPal account or from your bank account via PayPal.  I only have a basic
PayPal account and the PayPal weasels choose to block credit card payments to a
basic PayPal account.  Cash, personal check, or money order are always fine."

That's the wording that I've used previously.  Apparently as a part of the New
eBay Experience (AKA make more money for eBay), they are pushing very hard for
all sellers to pay for Premium / Business PayPal accounts.  I guess getting
vigorish on the PayPal account balances that would make a Mafia don blush just
isn't enough.

I'm working on alternate wording that I'll try and slip past the eBay censors.
I love a challenge.  Wish me luck!!  8->>

See ya,  Arnie