[SEL] Jeager Engine

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Sun Jan 28 21:44:24 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com
[mailto:sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com] On Behalf Of mullt at att.net
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2007 5:12 PM
To: SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com
Subject: [SEL] Jeager Engine

I am new to small engines and I am looking to purchase my first engine.

There is an engine for sale near me and I am trying to get a feel for what
it is worth before I go any farther.

It is a  Yeager, 2hp with a Wico mag. It is a "barn fresh" engine and I
believe it is running.

Does anyone have a feel for what a fair price to pay for such an engine
would be? I am in Missouri. Thanks for any input.

Tom

Tom, it depends.  Here is an all-original Jaeger that was mechanically
perfect with virtually no discernable wear, anywhere.

http://users.moscow.com/oiseming/lc_ant_p/pic_SE.htm

I paid $1,000 for it because it was in exceptional condition.  If the engine
you are looking at is complete, it could be worth $500 to 600, give or take,
depending upon condition.

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger
Colton, Washington, USA